NIXALIN™ is an active ingredient that promotes tissue regeneration and helps the skin return to a natural radiance and youthful appearance.
In a process exclusive to Terlys, NIXALIN™ is extracted from upcycled white birch bark, a by-product of wooden utensil production for use in food and healthcare applications. NIXALIN™ is rich in betulin, a powerful bioavailable triterpene. Plants naturally synthesise this molecule to improve their adaptogenic functions. This property has been shown to help the skin recover from exterior aggressors and chronic problems associated with irritation, sensitivity and reactive skin.
Key features of NIXALIN™ include:
- Strengthens the functions of the cutaneous barrier.
- Inhibits elastase, the enzyme that degrades elastin (a protein that safeguards the elasticity of the dermis).
- Improves synthesis of collagens IV and VII, which promotes firmness in the dermis.
- Accelerates the regeneration of the cutaneous barrier following exterior aggressions.
- Reduces chronic inflammation by decreasing the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines.
- Reinforces blood vessels to help reduce rosacea.
If you would like to find out more about NIXALIN™ and view Terlys’ recent studies, please click the box below to visit their website or feel free to get in contact.
If you would like to start a conversation with us, have any questions regarding our product portfolio or would like to request pricing and a sample, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you.